Aktios Elderly Care Units follow specific rules of living, and principles of cohabitation that aim to improve the quality of life for our residents. All this, takes place in a dignified, and accessible to the community environment.
Our trained personnel participate in organised activities either by completing residents’ skills when these are deficient, or by developing skills when completely absent. In any case, the target of our associates is to train and stimulate the residents, so they can learn to participate in all events that are of significant to them.
At Aktios, special attention is paid to our residents’ health needs. We realize that these needs are increased and complex. For this purpose, our staff is specifically trained and often collaborates with physicians of various specialties.
During a stay at Aktios, issues of importance for the residents such as his/her individuality, dignity, independence, choice and self-fulfilment, while at the same time residents’ bio-psychological needs are also taken into account. The function of the Unit is adapted to meet these needs.
- Individuality:The resident’s right to have their own private space, without disturbances, protected from any interruptions or publication of their private affairs is ensured.
- Dignity: Residents’ individual personalities and personal needs are respected and their individual value is recognised.
- Independence: Residents are given the opportunity to gain autonomy and independence by being encouraged to take part in activities that help them satisfy their own needs and process matters of personal interest.
- Choice: Residents are encouraged to make choices on matters of daily living.
- Self-fulfilment: Constant development of potential, skill and personal expectations on every aspect of daily living, inside or outside the Unit, is offered.
- Fulfilment of bio psychological needs: Complete fulfilment of residents’ bio psychological needs with respect to individuality and particularity is ensured.
At the same time, special attention is paid to ensuring a comfortable and safe living environment for everyone.