Continuing the legend of Relax Palace in Maroussi, which was founded in 1969, with a new name since 2012 and a partnership with Aktios, we provide the experience of the Art of Caring.
The Art to understand and to perceive the specific needs of the third and fourth age.
The Art to realize the stress and responsibility of younger family members towards their elderly loved ones.
The Art to provide qualitative care so as to improve the quality of life of our residents and optimise the skills and abilities to their benefit.
With trained staff, rare expertise for the Greek reality and sustained interventions in improving our equipment and reconstruction of the building we continue to be one of the most reliable elderly care facilities in the country.
Our old and new partners are close to our new steps as well as all of you who for so many years have trusted us and supported us.
The name Art Palace is inspired by the goddess Artemis (Diana), protector of nature, purity and of motherhood. Goddess relate to Maroussi, from the ancient times.
Communication: You may contact us at Aktios’ Elderly Care Units for any issue that may concern yourself, a family person or a friend .You may also visit our facilities daily and weekends from 09:00 to 21:00 for direct information.
Common Areas and Rooms:
Aktios Art Palace is housed in a building built and designed for an elderly care unit. With its relatively small size, provides a sense of home environment and the safety of a well-supervised care unit.
There are single and double rooms with private bathroom, balcony, air conditioning and ceiling fan. The rooms also have a phone that is connected to central phone centre which gives the possibility of alerting the nursing staff by simply lifting the handset of the phone, simple action, which, as has been shown, is maintained even in advanced stages of dementia, while does not cause difficulty for people with weakness in hearing and vision. All areas of the unit are air conditioned and there is a garden.
With recently renovated public areas, new equipment, a physiotherapy room and new approach to hospitality of elderly people we offer holistic hospitality to our guests by following Aktios’ dynamic model of care. With the reopening of physiotherapy we fully cover the need for exercise and motivation of our guests.
The key to the quality of care we provide to our guests are the employees that frame our vision. In Aktios Art Palace we have managed to work with people who for many years have proved their worth and their dedication to the work they have undertaken. The continuous training of our employees, their feedback and their empowerment is based on the knowledge and experience of our scientific team and our external partners. Our staffing with new scientists enables us for innovating interventions and continuous improvement of our services.
In addition, our integration into the Aktios’ Group enriches our human resources and makes us part of a chain of elderly care units specializing in dementia, mobilization and recovery of people suffering from fractures, mental and psychosocial interventions. Our staffing with new scientists enables us for innovative interventions and continuous improvement of our services. Continuing the tradition of Relax Palace Maroussi and with the dynamic model of Aktios we put at the center of our attention the person and we apply methods of cognitive enhancement and orientation in space and time.
Director of Aktios Scientific Board is Dr. Paraskevi Sakka, Neurologist- Psychiatrist. Members in Advisory Board are among others: Dr. Michael Davidson, Chairman of the "Alzheimer Disease Centre" and professor of Psychiatry Tel Aviv University, Dr. Shlomo ,the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the internationally well-known "Rehabilitation Centre Sheba", Dr. Kimon Volikas, Professor of Geriatric of the Saint George’s University of London Medical School in the University of Lefkosia, Marina Polykarpou, Psychologist- Gerontologist Director of Materia Group and Dr. Costis Prouskas, Psychologist- Gerontologist and Chief Executive Officer( CEO) of Aktios.
Τhe quality of care we provide is not negotiable. The high level of care is guaranteed by the Nursing Sector of Aktios. The optimum level of treatment achieved by dedicated nursing staff around the clock, under the guidance and supervision of experienced and informed Head Nurses, an Internist who is daily in the unit and a Neurologist.
Our scientific team is also consisted by psychologists, social workers, graduate nurses, physiotherapists, pathologist that visits our unit every day as well as a Neurologist. In Aktios Art Palace there is a Physiotherapy and Exercise program for those who need it.
From your first visit to Aktios Art Palace, you will find the absence of unpleasant odors. Your cleanliness, is our work. Our specially trained cleaning staff in cooperation with the nurses carry out this work successfully. We also wash the clothes of our residents, under the condition to be washed at high temperatures.
Aktios Art Palace has a kitchen where meals are prepared daily for our residents, with the same passion as we cook in our houses. Οur menu is constantly changing, with particular care for special diets and nutritional needs and desires.
Aktios Art Palace is located on 55 Penteli Str, Maroussi. Penteli street is the street that connects Maroussi Melissia (Melissia junction).
How do you come by car:
- From Athens: You go up the Khfisias Avenue. Pass the junction to Maroussi and continue straight towards Kifissia. At the height of the square of Agia Lavra (church) turn right at the traffic lights. This is t Penteli street. Aktios Art Palace is at number 55 on the left side of the road as you go up to Melissia.
- From Kifissia: Going to Athens, pass the square of Agia Lavra (church) and turn right at Sofias Street. Continue straight and turn right onto Papaflessa (continued street Chatziantoniou). Exit Khfisias Avenue and turn right towards Kifissia. At the height of the square of Agia Lavra (church) turn right at the traffic lights. This is Penteli street. Aktios Art Palace is at number 55 on the left side of the road as you go up to Melissia.
- From Pentelis Avenue: go up Pentelis Avenue. Turn right at the intersection for Melissia, Street Andreas Papandreou. This road then called Dimokratias Avenue and then route Penteli. Aktios Art Palace is at number 55, on the right side of the road as you come down to Maroussi.
- By Bus: 550, A7, X14, A8 stop: Intersection Melissia (Penteli street). From there the Art Palace is 800 meters away. You can walk or take the following buses from the beginning of Penteli street: 446, 410 and public bus 020. Get off at stop Sikiaridio. Aktios Art Palace is behind you at number 55.
- From the Electric Station Maroussi: You can take the following buses from Maroussi station: 446, 410 and public bus 020. Get off at stop Sikiaridio. Aktios Art Palace is behind you at number 55.